Sunday, April 30, 2017

I Feel A Draft

I watched very little of the NFL draft this year.  It's not because I wasn't interested but I have regular shows that I watch on Thursday and Friday evenings.  Back in the old days I would watch all day Saturday but the primetime draft eludes my interest.

As far as I know, only one player was ever drafted that went to my high school (Clarkston):





Robert O'Neal was an All-ACC player at Clemson and was drafted by the Dolphins in the 6th round in 1993. He only played 2 regular season NFL games, for the Colts in 1994.  He was 4 years behind me in school but, if I remember correctly, he lived in my neighborhood and we played nerf football with the other kids.  I know there was a kid named Robert that I could heave the ball as far as I c.ould and he would run under it 

Probably the most famous person that went to Clarkston was Sean Mullins, who had a couple of hits in the 1990's.  He was a year behind me.  I remember him singing in the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Racing Weekemd

Memorial Day weekend revolves around auto racing for me.  Sunday is the greatest single day of the year with Monaco, the Indy 500 and the Na...