Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fun From The $3 Boxes - Part 1

My new favorite vintage vendor was at the most recent show I attended about 3 months ago.  I bought 20 cards as that was all my budget would allow.

I filled in 2 1950 Bowman's that I needed.  These give me a little more than half of the Braves in the set.


55 - John "Buddy" Kerr

The back tells us that, as of 1950, Buddy held the record for most consecutive games without an error for a shortstop at 383 games.


74 - Johnny Antonelli

(From the cardback) In high school he pitched 3 no-hitters and 5 1-hitters, striking out 231 batters in 103 innings, giving up 36 hits.

I got 1 more 1950 Bowman that I thought Dustin over at Coot Veal and the Vealtones needed but I didn't read the want list correctly and he already had it.  242 Dick Kryhoski.  It is up for trade if anyone wants it.

I'll post the of the cards I got over the coming days.  Some of the cards are not baseball so I'll post those last.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Racing Weekemd

Memorial Day weekend revolves around auto racing for me.  Sunday is the greatest single day of the year with Monaco, the Indy 500 and the Na...