Skip to main content

Mission To Mars Card Pages Part 10 - The End

To recap:  These are the cards I would take with me if I could take ten 9-card pages with me to Mars.
I decided that each part of my collection cannot have more than one page.  The cards must fit into a regulation page as far as height and width but I am taking liberties with how thick some of the cards are.

The last of the 10 pages features my favorite Non-Sport cards.



1964 Topps Beatles Black and White Series 2 #69
My all-time favorite band.  Topps issued several Beatles sets in the 1960's.  I got this card for $3 at a show.




1991 Impel Marvel #1
I have some other Spider-Man cards, including a 3-D hologram, but this one is the best one.


1995 Topps Animaniacs Stickers #12
I was a huge fan of the Animaniacs.  These pigeons are from the Goodfeathers, which was a parody of the movie Goodfellas.  The most famous Animaniacs were Pinky and the Brain but I liked the Goodfeathers the most; although, Chicken Boo is also up there.



2008 Donruss Amercana #227
Americana was a set that featured TV, movie and pop culture celebrities.  The cards from 201-250 featured classic movie and TV stars.  Humphrey Bogart is my favorite classic Hollywood star.  I love Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, Key Largo and just about anything else he appeared in.



2008 Topps Star Wars Clone Wars Stickers #29.
Yoda about to kick ass.  What more can one ask for.






2013 Panini Golden Age Museum Age
Blues Brothers.  Animal House.  The Samurai.  Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger!  He was gone too soon.



Psych Season 1-4 Authentic Wardrobe Dual
Psych was one of my favorite shows and I miss it. 


Game of Thrones Autographs
It's killing me that I don't have HBO right now so I'm missing the new episodes.



Conleth Hill as Lord Varis.
Lard Varis was the kingdom's spymaster until he was forced to flee with Tyrion Lannister.  A great character.



Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
The long suffering oldest child of the Stark clan.

-----------------

I hope everyone enjoyed my Mission to Mars pages.  It's been fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Think I'm Done

 I'm at the point that I am not feeling the trading card hobby anymore.  It is too much.  The ridiculousness of people fighting over cards at Target or Walmart even when the stores have jacked the prices up and the insane focus on spending money to have everything "slabbed" just has completely turned me off.  I have tried to focus on the vintage cards I've collected the last couple of years and the autographs and memorabilia pieces I have from some of my favorite shows and movies but I no longer have the desire to open a pack of new cards. Maybe someday if I become independently rich I will continue collecting vintage cards to add to my Tigers and Braves collections or buy rare autographs from Star Wars or Games of Thrones or some other pop culture sets but that time is not right now as living paycheck to paycheck does not make that possible. I have away the huge stack of boxes that I had full of cards, probably 200,000 cards, over the summer by putting them out by th

It's All About George

Welcome back everybody! A friend of mine who asked me why I didn't restart SCAMB so I decided to take the suggestion since he is a professional writer.  I'm not saying this is great literature though. I've been looking for topics for the relaunch and have a few in mind, but to start I wanted to highlight my number one player collection. I've been a George Brett fan since I saw him play at Tiger Stadium in 1980.  He hit a home run and got into a brawl in the game.  I was hooked. Like many collector's I've been going through my cards and other things during all of the extra time I've had at home and came upon two card albums.  I think they came with Topps Attax kits that I bought randomly.  They each have 26 pages so I decided to put my Brett cards in them and discuss each page in an installment. This will be a long term series that will be interspersed with other topics as I find cards I didn't know I had or want to highlight my favorit

I've Done It My Way

 I'll get back to my 1965-1969 Baseball Card favorites next time but today I want to explore all of the other places in my collection.  When I say that I have bought a pack of everything in my life I mean every type of sport I could get my hands on. Here are a few examples: Basketball: 1952 Wheaties Jim Pollard - This set had a portrait and action shot of each player,  No idea where I picked it up but I think it is cool. CCGs: 1 995 Lord of the Rings.  I have the One Ring.  I am a nerd. Football: I have 5 Autographed Joe Montana cards from the mid-1990's.  Someday I will get them authenticated and if they are legit I will give a big thank you to the person that gave them to me at no cost. Golf: I bought a lot of base Upper Deck Golf in the early 2000's.  This is the only Gold Parallel I have from the 2002 set. Hockey: I bought a full sets of 197-79 and 80-81 Topps Hockey in the mid-80's (instead of opting for the 1979-80) .  The 80-81 had this stupid scratch off stuff o