Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mission To Mars Card Pages part 6

To recap:  These are the cards I would take with me if I could take ten 9-card pages with me to Mars.
I decided that each part of my collection cannot have more than one page.  The cards must fit into a regulation page as far as height and width but I am taking liberties with how thick some of the cards are.

Next up is basketball.  I rarely watch basketball anymore and I recently realized that the NBA lost me as a big fan when they started allowing zone defense.


1952-53 Wheaties
I don't know why I love this card so much but I just think it is seriously cool.



1985-86 Star #83
Star distributed cards in team sets at hobby stores.  I got this card out of a box of Crunch & Munch.  It was a great pull for me since Vern was a star at UGA and played on their 1983 Final Four team.



1986-87 Fleer #91
This was the first widely distributed NBA set in a few years so there are many rookie cards in the set.  This is a great card of my second favorite Hawk.



1986-87 Fleer Stickers #11
This is my earliest card of my favorite basketball player.  I saw him in a few games at UGA and was disappointed when he got drafted by the Jazz.  When he was traded to the Hawks before his rookie season started I was elated.  He led the NBA in scoring in the 1985-86 season.



1988-89 Kenner Starting Lineup
This card came packed with a figure that is what most people collected.  The card were an afterthought.  I was a huge fan of the Lakers in the 1980's.



1989 Sports Illustrated For Kids #23
Each issue of SI For Kids featured a page of nine cards that could be separated.  I don't remember who the other players in the sheet were but I bough the March 1989 issue for this card.



1996 Topps USA National Women's Team #3
Teresa Edwards starred at UGA in the mid-1980's and appeared in five Olympics.



2000-01 Topps Gold Label NBA Finals Jersey #2A
Glen led Michigan to their only NCAA Championship in 1989 and then went on to have a long NBA career.  He won his only NBA title with the Laker's in 2000.  I have two other cards from this set and will eventually complete it.



2000-01 Topps Gold Label Home Court Advantage #2
This may be my favorite insert set of all-time in any sport.  Another set that I will eventually try to complete.  There were printed on laminated wood. 


------------------

The Atlanta Spirit group completely turned me off from the Hawks.  I was on Steve Belkin's side regarding Joe Johnson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Get It

So today, in the Falcons game, we learn that a 10 yard, incomplete, forward pass can be a fumble and be the difference in the game.